Saturday, December 22, 2012

Leptin is a fat chick's best friend, and potential worst enemy...

Sometimes after eating, especially during my week of glutenating, I always felt hungry. I'd eat and still feel unsatisfied afterward, or I'd eat until totally stuffed, and an hour later be craving food again. I'd drink a big glass of water or unsweetened ice tea, and still feel the munchies. It is torture to be in that constant state of feeling hungry!

Over the last two days I've noticed I'm not ravenously hungry anymore. Last night I made burgers without the bun with the yummy grass feed lean beef I bought. Basically it's a burger patty with a slice of Tillamook cheese on a bed of lettuce with pickles and onions. I basically ate half of it and was totally stuffed beyond belief. I was sorta shocked. Usually I can eat the whole thing and be hungry an hour later. Then this morning I made scrambled eggs with peppers and onions, and some bacon. I ate half that, and a cup of cocoa chai tea, and I was stuffed again. Leptin really is awesome if you're eating right and exercising, but if you're fat, not exercising, and eating crap, it is your worst enemy.

Apparently when you're leptin resistant you don't get that feeling of satiety that you do when you're not. Leptin tells your brain "Hey! I'm full! Stop eating!"  When your body doesn't acknowledge leptin you pretty much feel hungry all the time. Thankfully, my exercising and eating no grains or carbs (unless it's from fiber packed veggies) has really paid off. I'm really full on half of what I'd usually eat, and I probably won't be hungry for a few hours. YAY!

Yesterday I did 10 minutes of H.I.I.T then burn downs on the leg press. My legs felt like noodles afterward, but they aren't sore today. Another YAY! My shoulders however are another story. I ended up doing 90lbs on the machine that works your lats and arm muscles, and I'm pretty stiff today. A back rub sounds completely awesome, but alas... I don't have a massage monkey to really dig in. If I keep this up I'm going to be more buff in a few months. Hopefully the fat will have melted off a bit more so you can actually tell though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment